Saturday, January 5, 2008

What to do?

So, I've got all these images of dancers in colorful costumes, dancing and full of life.

They evoke life, freedom, and happiness... and I like them. The question is, are they destined to to the fate of the delete key? Why? Model releases. My stock agencies want them.

Them problem is that I don't know who these people are and have no way of getting the releases. I've been getting creative with the images and applying filters and layers, and all manners of adjustments, so that the end result is digital art rather than a photograph.

More Impressionism than anything else. Sure, you can make out the fact that what you are seeing are dancers caught in the moment, but if you look closely you will just see the suggestion of who the person might be. I don't think you'd be able to pick out who that person was on the street.

My stock agencies seem to just see the thumbnail, see that they are dancers and don't see the accompanying model release. Instant rejection!

I'm going to have to think about this. Try writing a lengthy note for the stock image reviewer and see if that solves the issue of getting image approval.

I've got tons of these images, so I don't want to spend too much time on it. I'll give it a try, but if it's a no go then the images must go.

No comments: