Friday, October 10, 2008

Arlington Theatre


I've been playing with some software for the iPhone called Charlie. It's an application that works with flickr that gives you a nice and very functional interface in which to manage your account and images.

I have to say that I like the software. It's very easy to install, set-up, and use.

When it comes to uploading a photo I've noticed that it seems to remove the exif data (most of it anyway). It does keep the GPS data and does a nice job of getting uploaded images on your flickr map, but this is if you upload the image from where it was taken and just after taking it.

If you upload the image at a latter time, it will use the location and time that you make the upload from, which would put the image elsewhere on the map.

I could be wrong about this and there may be a setting that would keep the orinal photo location and use that whey you upload.

I know that when I've taken a photo with the phone and emailed it to myself and posted it later flickr saw the exif data including the location, but it didn't automatically use that data to map the image.

So, for the time being there's going to be a tradeoff. Map images myself and keep exif data, or upload just after taking an image and get an image automatically mapped sans most of the exif data.

No comments: