Saturday, December 27, 2008

Dreaming of Yesterday


Nearly everyday I drive through this part of town and see these abandoned and deserted buildings.

To me they speak of neglect and better days. With all the news of a global economic meltdown this area seemed to tie in with the state of the world.

I started thinking about taking some photos of this area in a hasty and unflattering fashion.

Yesterday I found the opportunity and time to do just that. I took several photos using a 2mp cellphone camera and post processed them to make them even more grainy and nearly out of focus.

Knock off shots I thought. So, imagine my surprise to get a strong reaction to this image. It was mainly because this was a "bad" photo. I agree and so be it.

The fact that it elicited a reaction seems to say something though.  Isn't that the point?

No comments: