Saturday, March 28, 2009

Standing Up


I've been working hard at mapping all the photos that I can. Geotagging images may seem like a boring and tedious task, and for the most part I guess it is.

But look at it this way. How often have you looked for something on the internet and come up empty handed? More than once I bet.

So if you have the ability to contribute, even in a very small way, by providing some content why not.

It's all about content, and it really does help me to get the feel for what an area that I'm going to visit looks like when other photographers have mapped their images.

I try and return the favor by mapping what I can.

There are GPS units now that attached to DSLR's and some new cameras that have this function built in. In the not too distant future I can see all cameras coming with built in GPS and all the mapping will be automatic.

Until that point, I'll do my small part and share some of the world as I pass through.

No comments: