Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fading Away


I've been wanting to change up my photography for longer than I care to mention. The problem is that I work all the time, so I've not had the chance to pursue much more than the same old, same old.
At the same time, I've been wanting to document all the closing businesses around town. They seem to crop up like weeds. It's looking like a ghost town. Bad Economy - I know.

Then it dawned on me to start putting these two things together in as simple a fashion as possible. How? Just by using the camera in my cellphone. I don't even have to get out of the car, just roll down the window and shoot while waiting for the light to change.

This project is starting to take on a life of its own... I'll see how it goes.

Dorothea Lange I'm not!

The flickr group is called The Great Recession.  Feel free to join and add your own images.

No comments: