Sunday, March 20, 2011

Caprice Motel


It's been raining constantly for the past two days. This has forced me to stay in the house, and not wanting to waste the time, I used it as an opportunity to process images sitting on an external hard drive.

This image, though not much to look at, was taken in 2008. Part of the reason I've never done anything with it, is the fact that I like to geotag my images (since 2010 I have an iGotU device and software that does this for me).

I knew the general area I was in when this was taken, but that was a long empty highway headed towards Taft, California.

Determined to find the spot (made harder by the fact that this was taking out the window of a moving car), I used Google Street View and spent about half an hour virtually making the trip again.

Well, I'm happy to report that I found the exact spot. Gotta love technology.

No comments: