Sunday, May 1, 2011

That Look


So, I get talked into helping a friend with some simple portrait shots of his cousin for her high school graduation, or something.

No problem.... A few hours in the morning and we should be done.

The night before this is supposed to happen I ask where are we supposed to meet, etc.

Well, my friend doesn't know. After two weeks he still hasn't picked a location, time, or called his model (cousin).

Great, I'm thinking.... another day of winging it.

He promises to call in the morning.

Next morning I get a call, only after sending him a text telling him I'm going to get my oil changed. I didn't want to waste the whole day sitting and waiting.

He can't do the shoot. He knows he's got everything he needs, but doesn't feel comfortable until he goes out and gets more equipment.

Folks, it's not about the amount of equipment, the less the better.

Don't over think things, learn about light and how to work with it.

That will make your life a lot easier.

No comments: