Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Where find ourselves

Where find ourselves by Damian Gadal
Where find ourselves, a photo by Damian Gadal on Flickr.
I walked into the dawn
weary and looking for rest
stopping for a moment
before I carried on
my head followed the sun
into the west
away faded the world of my command
I ran into a place of rushing urgency
my eyes unfolding the contours of the land
the landscape glaring back at me defiantly
I was called here out of a purpose
that I somehow knew
I entered a town
still shaking off the morning dew
the inhabitants coming around
I stopped at a fountain dry
and there I stood
putting my hand into the sky
calling forth the people of the neighborhood
to bid them farewell
goodbye they said
pulling hard the sky fell
and reluctently I rolled
over in my bed

No comments: