Monday, April 29, 2024

Under a Rock

In a vast ocean, there lived a wise fish who was known throughout the sea for his knowledge and understanding. Fish from all around would seek him out for advice on navigating the currents, avoiding predators, and finding the best food.

One day, a young fish approached the wise fish and asked, "Master, I hear that you know the ocean better than anyone. Can you tell me where I can find the greatest treasure?"

The wise fish paused for a moment, then said, "Swim east for a day and you will find a coral reef. There, you will see a rock shaped like a turtle. Underneath it, you will find what you seek."

The young fish thanked him and swam off eagerly, following the wise fish's instructions. After a day of swimming, he found the reef and the turtle-shaped rock. But under it, he found only sand and shells.

Frustrated, he returned to the wise fish and said, "Master, I followed your instructions, but I found no treasure. Did I do something wrong?"

The wise fish smiled and replied, "The treasure you seek is in the journey itself. The currents you navigated, the fish you met, the dangers you avoided—these are the treasures. What you seek outside yourself is already within you."

The young fish pondered this, then asked, "But if the treasure is within me, why send me on a journey?"

The wise fish answered, "You had to swim the journey to realize you had already arrived."

 

No comments: