Thursday, June 14, 2007

Coast Keeper














I spotted what is left of this old Lighthouse while driving down the California Coast. It was a hazy day and the lighting wasn't what I would have liked, but I took a few shots in the hopes of seeing if anything came out that I could use for Stock.

I haven't submitted any of the shots for Stock yet, so I can't say if they are up to par.

I did however like they way they looked. The haziness seemed to add to the images, not take away from them. It seemed to give them an element of nostalgia and timelessness.

I decided to increase this effect by toning down the color. I desaturated this one completely in Photoshop and then slowly added back in some of the color from another layer, and only at about 70 Percent opacity at that. I think it works.

No comments: