Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Bridge














We seem to be at a crossing point in the world of photography. Last night I got grilled with questions regarding microstock. I answered all the questions people had the best that I could. The real shock to people was the prices. Why would anyone agree to selling images for so little?

Hmmmm, I think that is the sentiment of many. Well if you can't beat them, join them. For me, I like getting my work out there. It's not all about money. Sure a little extra cash is nice, but getting my work out there is nicer. I'd rather do that then have boxes of DVD's of images that no one ever sees.

It's about the work and passion for photography! It's about getting to be a better photographer! So, yes I've crossed that bridge. Guess what? It's not dark on the other side.

And don't forget volume makes up some of the difference in the pricing model.

No comments: