Thursday, October 18, 2007

Path too deep

I thought my computer was getting Philosophical on me yesterday when it gave me an error saying the that the Path is too deep.

Ahhh, yes Grasshopper: Path too deep, time for you to go.

So, what does this all mean? Well according to Microsoft: The maximum length of the combined system and user-defined path variables is 1,023 characters not including the “path=” portion.

WOW... The problem I had wasn't related to this, but the computer thought it was. All this is just part of a bunch of server related issues now plaguing staff. I was told it's a bandwidth issue, really, since when are simple things like saving files, or even opening them cause for bandwidth issues? Hmmmmm

What''s the I.S. Department's motto: excuses not solutions, or something like that.

No comments: