Saturday, May 17, 2008

A little off center

The assignment was a building interior. Ok, but what should I shoot? With all the animosity towards photographers these days, this was going to be a challenge.

The train station? Nope. The newly remodeled airport terminal? Nope.

Hum... I needed something with interesting interior lighting. A historic church. Yes, that will do.

Ah, now to plan around the tourists and the Tripod Police. The tourist part was easy, just wait until there are a few moments with no one in your shot (as a long exposure was needed in this case).

The Tripod Police? I didn't even bother taking my tripod out of the car.

What I ended up doing was balancing the camera on a pew as best I could. This is why the photograph is off center. This is fine, as I wanted to be respectful of the church and their traditions.

There's a lesson here. Photographing interiors of public buildings requires planning and permission from the powers that be. Good thing this isn't really the type of photography I'm interested in....

No comments: