Saturday, August 7, 2010

Geotagging flickr

Change is good. The week flickr rolled out an improved interface, which I mostly like. A lot of routine tasks are much easier to perform now. What's not to like about that.

There is one thing which isn't working like it used to, and that is geotagging. I've been using an igot-U geotagging device which embeds GPS coordinates into my EXIF data.

This made mapping on flickr a snap. Just click add to map, click ok, and you were done.

It isn't working like this any longer. Though flickr sees where an images belongs on the map, you actually have to move the image a bit before it registers the location and allows you to say ok.

This seems to be a drawback, and something I hope gets fixed soon. The whole point of adding the GPS data to my images is to make mapping easier and more accurate.

I'm sure others have noticed this issue and pointed it out to flickr. Let's see how long it takes to get resolved

No comments: