Friday, October 22, 2010

MyMedicare.gov

Sorry folks, this is a bit of a rant.  I helped a loved one with setting up their online Medicare account so that they can manage their Medicare services.  I have to admit that in setting it up, my first impression was that this service was going to work out great.  In other words, I was a bit impressed.

That didn't last.  The first time using this site was the only time it had information needed, which was the data we put in.

Since that time, every time we use the site it says:  Due to system unavailability, the information displayed below is not current. Please visit us at a later time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The information is not only not current, it's not there.   Visit later?

What a crock!  This site isn't useful at all.  It's been this way for weeks.  I've called them, done the online chat thing, and all they can say is keep trying back.

The online chat thing was a joke.  The person on the other end suggested not using Firefox and letting secure and unsecured data through using IE, which I did just to humor them.  Same results.

If you're going to have a website it needs to work!  Especially one that's supposed to provide vital support for seniors.

I know, I know.... it's the government.... don't expect anything but disaster.

Sigh!

10/28/2010 - Update:
Now you can't even login to the site with IE or Firefox.  Way to go.  Clowns!

Sheesh

1/2/2015 - Update:
 If you're wondering if anything could be worse that answer is yes. What? California's Medi-Cal/Covered California websites.....

No comments: