Sunday, August 12, 2012

Crossed Up

Crossed Up by Damian Gadal
Crossed Up, a photo by Damian Gadal on Flickr.
Five thousand words and a few hours is about how long it took me to realize that I've got to take a new approach to putting together a draft ebook from a manuscript given to me by my elderly mother.

Getting this document, which I didn't even know existed until a month ago, into digital format is just going to be the first part of this exercise.  A time consuming one at that, but still something that needs to be done, and is the part I've spent most of my time on so far.

There's a lot to like in what I've worked on so far, and more to like I'm sure in the parts to come.  My thinking now is to finish a complete read through of the manuscript and mark up minor typos and such, and get a feel for the overall piece.

That should help editing, especially thematically, later on.  This is a very interesting process, and a learning experience for me, with the biggest challenge being managing a limited amount of time to work on this.

So, back to it I guess.... I'm curious where this project is going to end up.

No comments: