Sunday, October 28, 2012

Memories

Aging takes our memories away.  We have a hard time separating fact from fiction, and life takes on new complications.  This is something many choose to ignore, but it's a part of life we need to accept and deal with, as heartbreaking as that can be.

My grandfather succumbed to Alzheimer's disease, and my mother is beginning to have issues with Dementia.  As for myself, I'm finding that I struggle to remember things from time to time. Scary, but a reality.

Medical science is a long way from finding a solution, if there truly is one.  I bring all of this up, not to bring people down, but to remind folks to make the most of life, make joyful memories, even those that will be forgotten, and to let people age with the dignity and grace they deserve.

A little love and respect goes a long way.

No comments: