Thursday, May 18, 2023

Swayed by Love

We dismantle our bridges,
Erecting walls in their place.
Sealing doors, gates, and hearts,
Weighted with burdens we face.

Love, once cherished, we confine,
Hidden in a forgotten room.
Caring only for kin and friends,
Leaving vast emptiness to loom.

No longer do we share love's light,
With billions yearning for its touch.
Our locked-up world knows no entry,
Averse to connection, we clutch.

"I am a rock," we claim, unyielding,
Resolute not to show our tears.
Shielded from vulnerability,
But love escapes as our deepest fears.

Amongst all treasures one could hold,
Love alone diminishes when retained.
When freely bestowed, it flourishes,
Yet in our hearts, it's lamented and pained.

Never do we give to those in need,
Neglecting our own hunger to receive.
By refusing their offering of love,
Our existence is left barren, bereave.

Here I stand, hollow and yearning,
Longing for love to fill my core.
If you offer me love, I'll reciprocate,
For few friends can I dismiss or ignore.

Love, I possess in scarce abundance,
Not a fraction shall I let go astray.
But oh, how I yearn to love and be loved,
For love's sake, I'll embrace its sway.

 

No comments: