Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Last Exit to Sanity












Okay, three and a half weeks after my hard drive failed, our computer tech brings back my computer. Now, I know I mentioned it, but as said before, I don't want to let him leave. Why? Because I want my software reinstalled and working. Adobe Acrobat, no problem, Scanner Drivers, no problem, WinFax andFax/Modem Drivers.... Oh No! Crash Boom Bang! And away goes the computer AGAIN!

Yikes! What's a person to do? Ask a simple question like, do you think you could install some of the software I need on the loaner you gave me last month while your off fixing the fixed computer? Nope! Why? Well, it would take about as long to install the software as it would to fix the computer. ??? I kid you not, this is what I was told.

Now I'm thinking... hmmm it took a month the first time. Does the tech mean it would take a month to load Acrobat, or is he just trying to get the hell out of my cubical?

Now way back when, the day this all started, I could have bought a hard drive and installed everything I needed. What stopped me? Our I.S. Department is the keeper of the holy Admin Rights!

They're not worthy!

No comments: