Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Keywords

Wow, something new just came up on iStockphoto that caught me off guard. This image which was accepted earlier in the day, got rejected later on. The reason was that a couple of the keywords weren't relevant. One of the words was "backgrounds"... but in the email that I got, it said that I used "plus sign" as another keyword.

So, scratching my head I went back to the image and looked to see where that could be coming from. In the list that I typed in under the file info using Adobe Bridge, I had typed "Addition" when I meant "Addiction"....

All my fault, I need to slow down. I know I go too fast and the text is small and there's no spell check that I know of. Just a heads up to the rest of you sleep deprived micro stockers.

I do try and make all of my keywords as relevant as possible and used to type them in each and every time for each image after I uploaded them.

Lately, I've started key wording in batches using bridge to be more efficient and save time.

So, the lesson for me is wear my glasses and be even more diligent.

Correction (6/12/2008): This image didn't get accepted and then rejected. It simply got rejected for the reasons stated above. I've corrected the keywording problem and resubmitted the image .

No comments: