Thursday, May 13, 2010

Capturing the Action


When the great recession hit, the bottom fell out of my micro-stock sales. It wasn't a gradual thing, no, it was as sudden as driving off a cliff.

My sales fell to nearly nothing. During the subsequent year there have been some sales, but nothing to write home about.

There are no indications that things will get back to the way they were.

The market has changed... It's a different world, and we've got to adapt.

I completely stopped putting any effort into micro-stock. I haven't submitted an image in over a year. That doesn't mean I've given up on photography... I love it, and have just used different venues, mainly flickr, to share images.

Lately I've been thinking about slowly getting back into micro-stock. One reason is because I'm finding myself with more time on my hands due to unpaid furloughs at work, and the other is that I like the forced discipline. Setting goals, and pushing towards them. I know it sounds strange, but that's how I roll.

So, now I've got to get some fresh images (or inventory as I call them) and get back into the game.

No comments: