Tuesday, May 25, 2010

narrow streets of cobblestone


I've had too much time off work lately. Trust me, it's not a good thing. For one I'm not getting paid, and two, it gives me too much time to think.

The reason for all the time of is due to the recession, of course. It's a knee jerk reaction by management that hasn't got a clue on how to handle an economic downturn as severe as the one we're in now.

Thinking that you can "ride this thing out" and/or "it's just a matter of time until things get back to the way they used to be" is simply foolish at best.

Current economic indicators show that we could be headed for a double dip recession at best, or an economic depression.

International tensions are heating up, and I think what we're seeing now is mild compared to where things might end up.

We've seen what scarcity drives humanity towards. It's not pretty. But, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Back to the current situation. New solutions are in order. It's a different world, we need to adapt or suffer the consequences.

What does this mean? It means do things differently! We know what we've done before hasn't worked. I mean, what do you think got us into this mess?

Step back, reevaluate, and then, move forward. Don't waste this opportunity.

The question is, will the movers and shakers listen? I doubt it...

No comments: