Monday, July 16, 2012

Airplay

Recently I purchased a new Apple TV in order to access and stream movie content I've purchased from iTunes to my television.  All part of this summer's cord cutting project.

No more cable for me.  This has worked out great.

Part of the plan to dump cable included getting an Apple TV, which now allows you access to Netflix, something my first Apple TV didn't.

All fine and dandy.  This unit has worked perfectly.  It's simple and easy to use.

Since purchasing this nifty little gadget I've been noticing and odd icon on my iPhone when I use the YouTube app that wasn't there before, so I tapped on it.

Turns out was an icon that gave me the ability to stream the content over to my television via the Apple TV.

Once I enable this option on the Apple TV  under settings, my media could be pushed from phone to tv.  Simple.

This is a great feature.  I love it.  It's simple and easy, and expands the possibilities of the Apple TV beyond expectations.

Oh... fun too.

No comments: