Sunday, November 11, 2012

Word Production

Word Production by Damian Gadal
Word Production, a photo by Damian Gadal on Flickr.
I've been lost in the world of digital publication lately.  It's been consuming my time, and my imagination.  Reading, writing, editing, posting, analyzing data, and all the rest.  I'm fascinated by it all.Ever since I was given a Kindle. 

In my opinion analog dead tree publishing is a relic of the 20th Century.  That's were it belongs.   Don't get me wrong, I still have a bit of sentimental reverence for old books, and admit to still owning some.  But that's were it ends.  I won't read a book or magazine now unless it's digital or I've got no other choice because I've got to review one.

I think that it's time to stop keeping analog word production on life support and pull the plug on traditional publishing.  Digital publishing is the future and current, and the possibilities of where this medium could go are only just now being explored.

Set your imagination free and explore the frontier of this world.  Especially if you're a writer.

No comments: