Sunday, April 13, 2014

Broken Windows



So, back to tales of the upgrade, which for the most part is going extremely well.  That's the good news.  Considering I'm going to a new operating system, I expected things to go much worse, but then again I'm only going from Windows XP to Windows 7.  

If Best Buy ever carried any in store inventory where I live I'd have bitten the bullet and gone to Windows 8.1, but that's a whole different post.  Let me just say that it probably worked out better this way.

The only real major issues I've had during this process have been with Microsoft products.  I've been able to install and upgrade all my other software with only a couple of little hiccups that were resolved quickly.

Not so with Microsoft, I couldn't even get Office 365 installed.  Here's a product that they're touting as the future of their services and software and you can't even use it.  Paying for something you can't use rubs me and, judging from the message boards at Microsoft, tens of thousands of others the wrong way.

It's these experiences that we the paying user remember.  If it ain't broke don't break it and if it is, fix it!     It's that simple.  Too bad Microsoft will never understand this.

No comments: