Wednesday, July 10, 2024

The Heart Remembers

I see no sunflowers today  
yet know they existed
waiting for me in the spring  
gone now the blooms 
just like a reunion transfixed 
by those I love

Memories fade  
like whispers in wind  
faces once clear  
now shadows blend  
a name on my tongue  
just out of reach

Moments of clarity  
brief and bright  
like fireflies  
in the dark of night  
they flicker, they fade  
leaving me behind

Photographs in albums  
tell stories I forget  
smiles and laughter  
my heart can't quite set  
a past that's slipping  
through my hands

Voices echo  
in empty halls  
familiar tunes  
I can't recall  
the melody lost  
in the silence of my mind

Days blend together  
a seamless stream  
reality and dreams  
merge and gleam  
I grasp for anchors  
in the shifting tide

Loved ones gather  
with patience and grace  
their faces a comfort  
in this disjointed space  
they hold my hand  
as I drift away

Sunsets blur  
into twilight hues  
colors of memories  
I can't quite use  
to paint the canvas  
of my fading life

In the garden, flowers  
bloom and die  
a cycle of time  
I don't defy  
seasons turn  
beyond my grasp

Yet in my heart  
a spark remains  
a flicker of love  
that never wanes  
though my mind may falter  
my soul holds true

Their love, a beacon  
through the fog  
guiding me home  
when paths are lost  
their presence, a balm  
to my weary soul

Each day, a puzzle  
pieces scattered wide  
some fit together  
some left to the side  
I navigate this maze  
with gentle hands

Hope glimmers softly  
in the morning light  
a promise of dawn  
after the longest night  
though clouds may gather  
the sun will rise

In dreams, I wander  
fields of gold  
sunflowers towering  
bright and bold  
a memory of life  
once clear and strong

And when my journey  
comes to an end  
I'll find peace  
around the bend  
in the arms of those  
I love once more

For though the mind  
may forget the way  
the heart remembers  
day by day  
love's eternal bloom  
never fades away.

 

No comments: