Monday, June 21, 2010

E-Books

I wanted to try reading an e-book, so a few months back I got the Amazon Kindle app for my phone and downloaded a couple of free sample books from Amazon. At first it was a bit of an adjustment reading a novel on such a small screen, but a very minor adjustment. I soon didn't even really notice. The next thing I knew, I'd installed the Kindle software on my computer.

I loved being able to just pick up where I left off, from phone to computer, back to phone, always having my reading material with me. Then I was given an actual Kindle device and that was all she wrote.

Sure, these devices have been around for some time, it's just that they came up a bit short. Those days are over. Getting content on the fly wirelessly, oh yeah! And there's no shortage of content. Books, blogs, news, magazines..... it's all there, except the time to consume all of it.

As for me, I knew I was hooked having just finished a great e-book and wanting something else to read, looked at my backlog of reading material and cringed at the fact that they weren't electronic.

I've already paid for those dead trees so I'll read and enjoy what they have to offer, but I don't think I'll be buying anymore books that aren't electronic.

Now that Apple has jumped into the game, things are going to change very quickly.

No comments: