Monday, August 18, 2008

Brother Ray

It was an incredible weekend. I was able to get out and practice my photography, which is always a great way to unwind. But, the real treat was walking into a music store on a whim (since I've gone digital I rarely, if ever, go into a brick and mortar music store) and was blown away with the blues offerings.

I walked out with a stack of stunning and hard to find music at prices the online stores can't match (that is if I could even find the songs). Even with tax, I ended up paying less than thirty cents a song.

They even had some lesser know Ray Charles Blues. People forget the breadth of this man's musical genius.

It did feel funny carrying around a stack of discs, but I quickly loaded them onto my computer and transferred them over to my Creative Zen.

What about the iPod? Well, I've got a whole different catalog on that musical gadget.

You can never have too much music.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm with you there. Saw Brother Ray the year before he past, at Santa Cruz Blues Festival. There is so much great music that slips through the cracks.

pixzen said...

You've got that right!