Friday, August 15, 2008

Helping Out

Word Up.... when people find out that you like to take photographs, you'll get asked to do all kinds of photography related stuff.

It's up to you whether or not to do these "favors"... My advice, don't do weddings for free. But something simple like snapping a shot of a building with a solar panel on top? I don't see the harm in it.

This image is to be used by my employer for a PowerPoint presentation. It's not for commercial purposes, I still retain all the rights, and had it been the right type of photo, I'd probably sell it as stock. I also get photo credit... which isn't such a big thing, but it's gotten me paying gigs in the past, so some of these little things are like advertising. Just one way to get your name and work out there.

Just pick and choose your "favors" wisely, and remember in the end your time is the most valuable thing you have.

No comments: